Why You Should Sail on Norwegian Cruise Line
Update: On Monday, March 5, only I have an AMAZING deal on Norwegian Epic. Book an Epic cruise sailing before April 29 and receive $250 onboard credit. Book ANY sailing on the Epic that day (after April 29 through end of schedule) and receive $100 onboard credit.
One of the best reasons to consult a travel agent is we can help you discern which cruise line or land package fits your needs. That’s because we make it our business to know the details—so you don’t have to. Today I will focus on Norwegian Cruise Line (check back for profiles of other lines in later posts).
I’ve been getting a lot of sales and inquiries lately for Norwegian Cruise Line, probably because of their brilliant “Cruise Like a Norwegian” marketing campaign that suggests you can “Love like a Venetian,” “Dine like a Parisian” and “Surf like a Hawaiian” among other worldwide destinations. NCL (as it is commonly known) is a competitively priced cruise line similar to Carnival or Royal Caribbean. However, just as each of those lines has its distinctions, so does NCL.
Even better: NCL is offering some terrific deals right now, including a $400 onboard coupon book, 50% off deposits, amazing fares on select sailings and more. With 11 ships (#12 Norwegian Breakaway arrives next year!) and a, well, boatload of itineraries to choose from, you are sure to find your ideal cruise on NCL.
On many NCL sailings I have exclusive pricing you won’t find anywhere else—click here for how to contact me. Here are some of the things that make NCL different from its competitors.
• NCL created the Freestyle Cruising concept. That means choice, choices, choices that allow you to build a vacation the way you want it. For meals, you will find multiple dining venues on each ship including complimentary 24-hour room service. Cabin types range from inside to outside to balcony to The Haven (see below). Entertainment is styled for all ages, tastes and abilities.
• NCL has the overall newest fleet at sea. I love the joyous, colorful designs painted on the sides of the ships—I feel like I’m on vacation before I even board! Plus NCL has the newest ship options for 3- and 4-day sailings.
• NCL offers the only 7-day Hawaii cruise! Sail around the islands in your floating hotel on the Pride of America, the only cruise ship registered and partially built in the U.S. You will find this a budget-friendly alternative to Hawaii land resorts, and you get to see four ports in Hawaii during more than 100 hours of port time. And she has the largest conference facilities at sea—what a great excuse for a working vacation!
• NCL’s entertainment really IS entertaining! On the Norwegian Epic, you can see Blue Man Group (a show that would cost you $$$ on land) and on other ships you can choose from the Second City comedy troupe (where many famous comedians launch their careers), NCL’s signature White Hot Party and a variety of other large and small shows that will have you tapping your fingers, kicking up your heels or laughing ’til your belly hurts.
• NCL steps up for your kids too. The cruise line’s partnership with Nickelodeon means if you sail on the Norwegian Epic, Gem or Jewel kids can participate in all the zany fun seen on Nickelodeon, such as messy games, Dora’s Music Party, arts and crafts and character interactions with SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer and (on some sailings) a Pajama Jam Character Breakfast. All ships include free kids and teens programs for ages 2-17, giving moms and dads (or grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles) a chance for some private time. In fact, most parents have to “drag” their kids away because the youth counselors make these programs so much fun.
• NCL knows some passengers are looking for a more upscale experience—so welcome to The Haven. (Just the name makes me say, “Ahhh!”) How does a suite sound? Plus 24-hour certified butler service, a private pool with valets (need an extra towel? how about a drink?), in-suite fine dining, private courtyard with sun deck and fitness area, priority reservations for all onboard venues—and that’s just the beginning. Suites range from a large room to 5,000-square-foot, three-bedroom garden villas that are perfect for a large family or for friends to share. You can find The Haven on Norwegian Breakaway (coming in 2013), Epic, Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem.
• NCL cruises in all of your favorite places. In addition to Hawaii, you can cruise on NCL year-round from New York City and you can cruise exclusively on NCL from Boston to Bermuda. Other destinations include Europe, Alaska, the Caribbean, New England—and starting in late 2013 from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera on Norwegian Star!
• NCL offers a 24-hour dining venue on all but two of its ships. This could especially come in handy if you are hungry after that fantastic poker game at the casino or wake up looking for a midnight snack.
• NCL loves groups. We book many groups on NCL because our clients love the reduced pricing and appealing amenities NCL offers for volume business. Wouldn’t your family, friends, club or religious group enjoy taking advantage of that?
Ready to book your NCL voyage? I bet I have a great deal for you—maybe some onboard credit, an upgrade or a bottle of wine to enjoy in your cabin. Click here for how to contact me.